Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to L2 Golden Flame server. Don't forget to vote daily & enjoy your stay here.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dual Boxing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mide

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Dual Boxing?   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 pm

After reading the rules and extensively searching the forums I could not find any result on this:

Can I dual box in this server?

I mean only for farming with - NOT: olympiad, questing, TVT, sieges, and other events.

Basically I want to take advantage of party exp and I want to level a dwarf while I level my main.

My second question is whether or not there is a significant advantage to owning a crafter/spoiler - I noticed spoil rates @ 15x and decided it would be a good idea compared to the 1x drop rate - but are mats an integral part of the economy here, or crafting?

I'll also take this opportunity to introduce myself, Mide, 2 yrs experience w C3 - Hellbound (no experience playing Gracia) - as you can deduct I am not a member of this server yet but am interested by the size of the community in relation to the age of the server and want to know more about this place.

I read the post by disappointedplayer and am somewhat discouraged...

**Edit further questions while I'm at it:

Is this a server where I can expect 99% of the players to wield glowsticks?

Will I be farming alone for hours?

Are donators unbeatable except by other donators?

Why should I play here?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
BabyBear

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Boxing?   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 am

Yes, you can duelbox to take advantage of the party exp. Like you say as long as you dont do it for oly or TvT Events you will be fine.

Having a spoiler really benefits you on this server. It is required a lot for stuff you will need to craft your armor.

I wouldnt say the server is 99.9% donated. Most have actually crafted there armors. There is a few with donated bows and weapons, but many players have crafted there armor. As well as some have crafted there weapons.

Farming alone. Well that depends actually. On the time zone that you are on. At times the server population drops to like 10-30 people where it can reach a maximum of like 70-100 on weekends. So i would say yes, there is a big chance that you will be farming alone. Although if i am not mistaken they are planning to add a party zone.

Are donater beatable? Something i have learn in my time as 3 years of leading my clan. The most donated donater will drop. You just need to find ways to kill them. Beat yes a non donated person can kill a donator.

What should you play? Well i would recommand archer or necro, but due to daggers having a mass evasion atm. 3/4 of the server is daggers. So gl trying to kill a dagger unless you are an experience dagger and have decent equiptment. Or are a necro and know how to play it. Then you stand a chance against the current server population.

Anyways, if you decide to try the server. Then welcome. Put your char name here and i will help you get started. I doubt that i will recruit you but i dont mind helping you get started. Since i know how much of a fucking hassle it is to start fresh on new servers. So whatever you decide, and if i am online, i dont mind helping you.
Back to top Go down
mide

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: oye   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:23 am

Damn, I've been on servers where everyone rolls dagger/archer and they never get balanced.

l2 pandora project and GvE being two of them...

Thank you very much for the information, I will pm you my ingame name when I try this server.
Back to top Go down
ZumbuL

Male
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Boxing?   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:48 am

As I mentioned Before, right now I am working on adding the new stuff*, the new armors which will help the non-donated population.

Class balance got to somewhere before we added the lvl 81 skills.

It was balanced and nice to play almost any class. Then level 81 skills came and all went boom.

However since I am responsible to make the server a good playable and enjoyable experience for the community, I will work, as well as my Devs, to make the server better.

To Pancho: He asked WHY, not WHAT to play Rolling Eyes

Why: Good question, there are more than 1 reason why you should play here.
1. Good Community
2. Stable Server
3. A rather new server
4. Open for suggestions by other players
5. Friendly Staff Members
6. No "Admin's Favorites" on the server

I really hope that cleared some things for you, and hope to see you as well as your friends in game.

* New Armors, Weapons, Jewels, Head Accessories, an Auto Updater for everyone to use.
Regards
Back to top Go down
http://www.l2gf.com
BabyBear

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Boxing?   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:51 pm

ZumbuL wrote:
To Pancho: He asked WHY, not WHAT to play Rolling Eyes

Well besides the fact that it was 11:00pm and i was bearly waking up at that time. Due to a certain fucked up schedule i Must maintain. I see now why i didnt answer him on the last thing right. On the other hand you took care of that. So ya i am not to worried. I tried to ask almost everything he asked in a certain and respectful manner. So bare with me on the small mistakes that i make. I am simply a player trying to help players.

On Topic: Well hmm why. He already gave some pretty good valid reasons to play the server. As it is small atm. Giving it a chance to grow. I am sure it will turn into a great community no matter how much people shit talk each other in game. That is L2 right. Then some get offended and dont want to talk shit back and call those that do talk shit wankers and other names. Anyways:

1. Good Community. Although you will find that just like to pk you when they see you, you have others that are willing to take sometime and help you out.

2. New Server. The server maybe small but giving it the proper time it will grow and get a good population of people.

3. Class Balance. Hmm, this one is a hard one tbh. Due to the fact that new armors are ganna be added soon. There will be some unbalance classes. With time it should become more balance.

4. Party Farming. This feature should soon be added. By in order to do so. You will need a clan that is willingly wanting to do it.

5. Spoiling. If you like to spoil. A spoiler is really useful here. With the proper help you can get the require mats to make your set with in a week or 2.

6. PvP. There is small pvp. You either zerg or get zerged. That is common on may servers. You kill 1 they call 2. You kill 2 they call 3. Etc. At times you may get lucky and actually have some small individual pvp. That is not common however.

Well i can continue the list. In my opinion give the server a week or 2 and see what you think. If you dont like it you can always search around and come back in a month or 2 and see how the server is doing. Thanx for reading my long and boring post and i hope that you consider joining the server and giving it a try.
Back to top Go down
mide

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Ah   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 pm

I see. Yes I did give this server a try however my game got messed up and am currently reinstalling it.

I rolled OL and Bounty Hunter and levelling is pleasant. Someone helped me with cash though, to get my C grade in order because there is NO way to afford it on your own when it becomes available @ level 40. Even with a 2 box party...

Haven't had a bit of pvp but I'm only level 46 and haven't seen a soul while exping.

The server seems smooth enough and pretty conveniently new. I'll give it a shot.

Mide and Mlde are my in game names...
Back to top Go down
exceL_

Registration date : 2009-02-06

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Boxing?   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:59 pm

get an aio to buff you, and you won't need gear corresponding to your level. i levelled up to 47 using no grade armor and bought a c grade dagger to level up several times before Smile

i'm sure the aio's on the server (if they're not busy) will be willing enough to buff you for free while you're still a nubbie. it'd be ridiculous for any aio to ask for a fee becus the current economy runs on AA, and you won't be able to farm AA until higher levels (at least to my knowledge).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dual Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Boxing?   Dual Boxing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual Boxing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: