Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to L2 Golden Flame server. Don't forget to vote daily & enjoy your stay here.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1st Update: Castles

Go down 
+2
Hidden
ZumbuL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZumbuL

Male
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-12-26

1st Update: Castles Empty
PostSubject: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:14 pm

First and foremost

All the important updates regarding, Skills, Items, Character Boosts, Castles, Economy, and all other server related statistics will be posted here.

Right now there is going to be 1 major change to the Siege system.

Only, Aden, Goddard, Giran and Rune Castle's will be siegable.

This is due to Siege uninterest, I will Adjust the times, so it is 1 Siege every day.

Untill the server reaches at least 100 people online, this major effect will remain.

If there is absolute disagreement, please state your objections.

Regards,

ZumbuL

Last edited by ZumbuL on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.l2gf.com
Hidden

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:43 am

I like the castles being siegable everyday, although this will make people less likely to play on weekends. Seeing as though they can siege the castle any day during the week.
Back to top Go down
chubbiez

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 am

Make Giran siegeable instead of goddard.
Back to top Go down
BabyBear

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 am

Although i think its a great fucking idea to make them siegeable every day during the week, i am ganna go against this decision. I will state my Pros and Cons below:

Pros:

1. It will draw server attention.

2. Everyone has a fair chance to own 1 of the 4 castles.

TBH i dont see much pros to this. I like the idea but i dont see many pros to this siege everyday thing. A lot of the leaders have jobs and so do many of the clan members. 3/4 of my clan is over 18 and go to school or work. Weekend is like our free time and that is when and how it should stay. If you make it to weekday sieges then its a big chance that some br clan or some random clan will easily take it. My clan is on about 6pm ( GMT -8 ) to about 11pm ( GMT -8 ), but on the weekend i ask them to show to sieges. So as good members they show up.

1. Many people work during the week.

2. Most people (Leader wise) play on the weekend to defend there castle.

3. Br or Random unorganize clans have a chance to get a good castle. (Side Note: Probably dont know how to set manor up the PROPER WAY)

I will think of more. Its pretty late atm 2:15am Sad but i am sure that you get my point.

I dont care about what castle are siege but i would like to keep sieges to weekends.

Siege times to make things FAIR:

Weekend 1:

Saturday:
Aden: 9am-11am ( GMT -8 )

Sunday:
Gludio: 11am-1pm ( GMT -8 )

Weekend 2:

Saturday:
Rune: 7am-9am ( GMT -8 )

Sunday:
Goddard or Giran: 2pm-4pm ( GMT -8 )

Well at least that looks about "FAIR" based on what i have seen. WarDevils but mainly EU has a chance to get Aden/ Rune (Biggest Castles) as long as they organize xD .......... While other smaller clans have a chance to get Gludio/ Goddard (Giran). This is from my point of view. I dont know what others will think but this is what i think. Feel free to comment on this but plz dont flame.
Back to top Go down
Ken

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:37 pm

Siege is a major factor in L2 and it remains a big factor because it is not a normal event.

very much like your favorite food you will get tired of it if you have it often.

To siege/defend a castle knowing you have only that one chance exhilarates you.

If your aim is to increase pvp there are other ways, I don't know the dev team you've got
working with you but if this is the best idea they've came up with this early in the server
then I'd have no confidence in the solidity of this server's structure.

Here is my suggestion if you really feel like this will work:

Test it for a week or two before announcing it be permanent, there would be plenty of clans
out there be willing to do some beta testing.

The closest you have your server to L2 the better off you are, the lack of players you
are announcing is not due to a sloppy server, but the community you've reached out to.

Extend your server to anything and everything, even none related to L2.
Back to top Go down
ZumbuL

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Not sure why you would imply to the server's solidity.

The way I see it, I have great developers and great GMs, this Idea was suggested by a player (BabyBear, full credit goes to him), and was also thought over in the Staff Ranks. My Staff as well as I, thought It'd be a great idea mostly because my server has been up for a month and a half for now, and there is simply no need for 9 castles.

I think having 4 main sieges will increase their popularity, rather than have alt clans rule castles and take advantage of manor.

Castles mean respect, a lot of resources and plenty of bragging rights. All that needs to be earned by pvp, not just by knocking down walls, running and casting.

As far as the community, L2 Golden Flame's Community is growing steadily. I started off with 10-30 people on weekends. Went to around 70-80, and growing. By the end of the month I am expecting around 100 on, on a weekend.

I do take 1 note from you Ken, and I am sorry for not mentioning it, This will be BETA Siege Test. It will take at least 2 weekends for me to be convinced to keep it as such until the server grows.

As far as reaching L2 and non L2 to community, please feel free any way we could reach out to more people.

Thank you for your opinion, it is Highly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Penniewise

Penniewise

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:11 pm

only problem i have with this is not haveing giran as one of them. Its the most popular city on almost all servers so to not have it seigeable is bad.

oohh i guess theres 2 thing the everyday idea doesnt seem good either. you should own it for 1 week maybe two. everyday is to much and its to big a painin the ass to set up mannor for 1 day as no one will ever be able to sell the fruit to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Hidden

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Aden
Giran
Rune
Goddard

No need for gludio. Who goes there anyway? lol!
Back to top Go down
BabyBear

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:37 pm

The point that i was getting at was make 4/9 castles Siegeable but not during the week. You must of made a mistake and said during the week but was very tired when you wrote that. As it say it was Edited 1 time total. Too bad i didnt quote to gather enough proof for that. Anyways on topic:

1.) Sieges SHOULD be weekend ONLY.

2.) Look at the time frame i gave to siege them. I find it decent or close to decent. (Although i know that Aden time is like PrimeTime for EU)

3.) Promotions are also nice. Exp: Video contest (as you are doing). Banner event. MORE TvT events. Etc!!!

The server is growing. We just need to give it sometime.
Back to top Go down
ZumbuL

Male

PostSubject: Sieges Weekend 1 after Wipe   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 am

01/24/2009

Aden Castle Town - 13:00 (US Eastern Standard Time)
{10:00 West Coast, 19:00 Europe (Macedonia,Serbia,England), 20:00 Greece}

01/25/2009

Giran Castle Town - 13:00 (US Eastern Standard Time)
{10:00 West Coast, 19:00 Europe (Macedonia,Serbia,England), 20:00 Greece}

Times will also be set in game, so you can look at the NPCs as well.
Back to top Go down
Hidden

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:28 pm

1/31/2009

Rune or Goddard. Don't know which. Zumbul hasn't said yet. It will be at 13:00 us eastern standard time.

2/1/2009

Whichever siege didn't happen saturday 1/31/2009 will happen today at 13:00 us eastern standard time.

Zumbul hasn't had time to update it yet. So I posted for him
Back to top Go down
ZumbuL

Male

PostSubject: Read in-game Announcements   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Siege times declared in-game announcements.

Saturday:
Rune 01/31/2009 - 13:00 US Eastern Standard Time

Sunday:
Goddard 02/1/2009 - 13:00 US Eastern Standard Time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Update: Castles   1st Update: Castles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Update: Castles
Page 1 of 1